Thursday 3 December 2015

They inspired and influence my life

My mother and father have been wonderful parents to me. They have worked hard to provide a stable foundation for my life and future. They taught me invaluable lessons about work, relationships and life. My parent practices the habit of sharing challenges they faced in their daily lives. When I was just a child, my parents and I would have a "sharing" session to discuss and reflect on our actions before the end of the day. I could still vividly remember the day my secondary school form teacher announced my secondary three final exam results. My mind went blank. I was lost and have thoughts of dropping out from secondary school. Instead of the conventional reaction of feeling disappointed and angry, my parents suggested that I should continue with my education. They shared with me the importance education in Singapore. In a competitive society, getting a "paper' is important to secure a job in the near future.  Whenever I faced setbacks, I would always seek them for advice and suggestions. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel, I can feel how important are your parents to you. I always believe that parents are guidance pillar of their children. The way they brought their children up will shape their children's future too.I believe that as long as your parents are very supportive of you, nothing will goes wrong.

    No matter how far we come, our parents are in for us- Brad Meltzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel, you have great parents. It is because of them that you are who you are today. I am sure the support you received from your parents can enable you to perform well in SIT.

    ReplyDelete